1. Thomas G. Travison, Andre B. Araujo, Amy B. O'Donnell, Varant Kupelian, and John B. McKinlay. A Population-Level Decline in Serum Testosterone Levels in American Men. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 92(1):196 –202.
2. Andre B. Araujo, Julia M. Dixon, Elizabeth A. Suarez, M. Hassan Murad, Lin T. Guey, and Gary A. Wittert. Endogenous Testosterone and Mortality in Men: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism (JCEM). Volume 96 Issue 10 - October 1, 2011.
3. Tim Locke WebMD UK Health News, Medically Reviewed by Dr Keith David Barnard. Low testosterone link to early death. 20th October 2010. Medically Reviewed by Dr Keith David Barnard.
4. Susan A. Hall, Gretchen R. Esche, Andre B. Araujo, Thomas G. Travison, Richard V. Clark, Rachel E. Williams, and John B. McKinlay. Correlates of Low Testosterone and Symptomatic Androgen Deficiency in a Population-Based Sample. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Oct 2008; 93(10): 3870–3877. Published online Jul 9, 2008.
5. Svartberg J, von Mühlen D, Sundsfjord J, Jorde R. Waist circumference and testosterone levels in community dwelling men. The Tromsø study. Department of Medicine, University Hospital of North Norway, Tromsø, Norway. Eur J Epidemiol. 2004;19(7):657-63
6. Niskanen L, Laaksonen DE, Punnonen K, Mustajoki P, Kaukua J, Rissanen A. Changes in sex hormone-binding globulin and testosterone during weight loss and weight maintenance in abdominally obese men with the metabolic syndrome. Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2004 May;6(3):208-15.
7. Beth A Mohr, Shalender Bhasin, Carol L Link, Amy B O'Donnell and John B McKinlay. The effect of changes in adiposity on testosterone levels in older men: longitudinal results from the Massachusetts Male Aging Study. European Journal of Endocrinology (2006) 155 443–452
8.Dr. Shalender Bhasin, Div. of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Molecular Medicine, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine Science, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90059. Effects of Testosterone Administration on Fat Distribution, Insulin Sensitivity and Atherosclerosis Progression. Oxford Journals Medicine Clinical Infectious Diseases Volume 37, Issue Supplement 2Pp. S142-S149
9. Thomas G. Travison, Andre B. Araujo, Varant Kupelian, Amy B. O'Donnell, and John B. McKinlay. The Relative Contributions of Aging, Health, and Lifestyle Factors to Serum Testosterone Decline in Men. Volume 92 Issue 2 - February 1, 2007. Published Online: July 02, 2013.
10. A. A. Yassin and G. Doros. Testosterone therapy in hypogonadal men results in sustained and clinically meaningful weight loss. Clinical Obesity Volume 3, Issue 3-4, pages 73–83, June-August 2013. Article first published online: 19 JUN 2013.
11. E M Camacho, I T Huhtaniemi, T W O'Neill, J D Finn, S R Pye, D M Lee, A Tajar, G Bartfai, S Boonen, F F Casanueva, G Forti, A Giwercman, T S Han, K Kula, B Keevil, M E Lean, N Pendleton, M Punab, D Vanderschueren, F C W Wu, the EMAS Group. Europen Journal of Endocrinology.
12. Michael Zitzmann - Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University of Münster, Münster D-48129, Germany. Effects of testosterone replacement and its pharmacogenetics on physical performance and metabolism.
13. Isidori AM, Giannetta E, Greco EA, Gianfrilli D, Bonifacio V, Isidori A, Lenzi A, Fabbri A. Effects of testosterone on body composition, bone metabolism and serum lipid profile in middle-aged men: a meta-analysis. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2005 Sep;63(3):280-93.
14. Peter G Kopelman and Lorraine Albon. St Bartholomew's and The Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary and Westfield College, London, UK. Obesity, non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and the metabolic syndrome. British Mtdical Bulltiin 1997
15. Farid Saad and Louis J. Gooren. The Role of Testosterone in the Etiology and Treatment of Obesity, the Metabolic Syndrome, and Diabetes Mellitus Type 2. Journal of Obesity Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 471584, 10 pages.
16. Per Bjorntorp. Hormonal control of regional fat distribution. Department of Heart and Lung Diseases, Sahlgren's Hospital, University of Goteborg, S-413 45 Goteborg, Sweden.
17. Carla Pelusi, Renato Pasquali. The Significance of Low Testosterone Levels in Obese Men. Current Obesity Reports December 2012, Volume 1, Issue 4, pp 181-190.
18. Jeff S. Volek , William J. Kraemer , Jill A. Bush , Thomas Incledon , Mark Boetes. Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise. Journal of Applied Physiology Published 1 January 1997Vol. 82no. 49-54.
19. Kraemer WJ, Gordon SE, Fleck SJ, Marchitelli LJ, Mello R, Dziados JE, Friedl K, Harman E, Maresh C, Fry AC. Endogenous anabolic hormonal and growth factor responses to heavy resistance exercise in males and females. Int J Sports Med. 1991 Apr;12(2):228-35.
20. Hämäläinen E, Adlercreutz H, Puska P, Pietinen P. Diet and serum sex hormones in healthy men. J Steroid Biochem. 1984 Jan;20(1):459-64.
21. Raben A, Kiens B, Richter EA, Rasmussen LB, Svenstrup B, Micic S, Bennett P. Serum sex hormones and endurance performance after a lacto-ovo vegetarian and a mixed diet. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1992 Nov;24(11):1290-7.
22. Jeff S. Volek , William J. Kraemer , Jill A. Bush , Thomas Incledon , Mark Boetes. Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise. Journal of Applied Physiology Published 1 January 1997Vol. 82no. 49-54.